Since 1851, Alma Methodists have been meeting for worship. fellowship, and mission. Their earliest meetings were held in homes and then in a school building that was erected in 1860. The first church building was a frame structure built in 1873 on the southeast corner of Superior and Prospect. A second, much larger, building was built in 1895 just to the south of this building. This facility served the growing congregation until it was destroyed by fire in 1935. In 1937 the present sanctuary and social hall was completed. In 1953 the education building was added. Since that time, our congregation has seen much change. Today, with a substantial portion of our facility renovated to meet the challenges of twenty-first century ministry, we continue to seek God's will for United Methodists in Alma.